In May my pastor, Bret Nicholson, challenged us to pray 10 prayers. I feel like these are a great starting point for us.
Mountain Moving Prayers
- God would remove the mountain of atheism from China
- God would remove the mountain of slavery from Myanmar-specifically the sex trade
- God would remove the mountain of violence from Afghanistan
- God would remove the mountain of drug abuse and addiction from this region
Knock on the door prayers
- We will all truly grow in our experience of Jesus
- We will baptize 1000 people who are far from God so they can begin their journey of experiencing Jesus.
- God will use us to change the worldview of the next generation so they can experience Jesus
- People would experience Jesus’ love and understand his grace
- God would open a door for our message
- God would grant us the ability to communicate the message clearly, creatively and powerfully.
It is kind of a long list so I challenge you to start with one from each category that really jumps out at you. As the Lord leads you to pray these specific things, what is going on in your heart? Do the mountains feel too big? In Mark 11:23 it says “Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them.” Let’s start praying together that God would move these big mountains into the sea so that the message of the gospel will clearly be displayed.